Libelf by Example
A tutorial introduction to the ELF(3) & GELF(3) APIs
|Format||Paper book / ebook (PDF)|
This tutorial introduces libelf, a library for reading and writing object code in the Extensible Linking Format (ELF) file format.
- Getting started with libelf: obtaining a handle to an ELF object, establishing a working ELF version, and handling errors reported by libelf.
- How ELF data structures are laid out in-memory and on disk, the notions of "file representation" and "memory representation", how to write applications that can handle non-native binaries.
- ELF Segments and the ELF Program Header Table, retrieving the program header table from an ELF executable and the meaning of the fields of a program header table entry.
- How data is stored inside ELF sections, the ELF Section Header Table, and how to traverse the sections in an ELF object.
- How to create new ELF objects: the rules for ordering individual API calls, the default object layout implemented by libelf, and how to specify custom layouts.
- ar archives: their structure, and how to read the contents of these archives using the APIs provided by libelf.
Price: $24.99 | Publisher: Packt Publishing | Release: 2015
by Krishna Shasankar V
ZF2 is the latest update to the well-known Zend Framework. This version has considerably eased the process of building complex web applications with minimal development effort using plug and play components. ZF2 also provides a highly robust and scalable framework for developing web applications.Zend Framework 2.0 by Example: Beginner's G...
Price: $29.99 | Publisher: Packt Publishing | Release: 2013
by Krasimir Tsonev
Price: $42.76 | Publisher: Packt Publishing | Release: 2015
by Alan Thorn
Unity is the most exciting and popular engine used for developing games. With its 2018 release, Unity has become the primary source of both game development and virtual reality content.In Unity 2018 By Example, you'll learn how to use Unity in order to make amazing games from popular genres - from action shooters to mind-bending puzzle ga...
Price: $44.99 | Publisher: Packt Publishing | Release: 2018
by Chandermani Arora, Kevin Hennessy
Angular helps you build faster, efficient, and flexible cross-platform applications. Creating complex and rich web applications, with a lighter resource footprint, has never been easier or faster. Angular is now at release 6, with significant changes compared to previous versions.In this third edition of Angular by Example, you'll build t...
Price: $35.99 | Publisher: Packt Publishing | Release: 2018
by Clemente Giorio, Massimo Fascinari
Kinect is a motion-sensing input device by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 video game console and Windows PCs. It provides capabilities to enhance human-machine interaction along with a zero-to-hero journey to engage the user in a multimodal interface dialog with your software solution.Kinect in Motion - Audio and Visual Tracking by Example gu...
Price: $14.99 | Publisher: Packt Publishing | Release: 2013
by Doug Hellmann
The Python Standard Library contains hundreds of modules for interacting with the operating system, interpreter, and Internet - all extensively tested and ready to jump-start your application development. The Python Standard Library by Example introduces virtually every important area of the Python 2.7 library through concise, stand-alone...
Price: $15.23 | Publisher: Addison-Wesley | Release: 2011
by Samprit Chatterjee, Ali S. Hadi
Regression analysis is a conceptually simple method for investigating relationships among variables. Carrying out a successful application of regression analysis, however, requires a balance of theoretical results, empirical rules, and subjective judgment. Regression Analysis by Example, Fifth Edition has been expanded and thoroughly upda...
Price: $21.52 | Publisher: Wiley | Release: 2012